Enterprise Account Executive – Federal Civilan Agencies
Software AG Government Solutions is seeking experienced Enterprise Account Executives to help grow and develop our software business within Homeland Security & the Department of Justice. Leverage a world class product, deep pre-sales technical expertise, and a highly supportive management team to achieve above average compensation.
We are an agile, growth oriented, subsidiary of our billion-dollar parent organization – Software AG. We are exclusively focused on supporting the needs of the U.S. Federal Government and the commercial Aerospace & Defense sector. We solve mission critical integration challenges with a Special Forces Mentality: “Get In – Make an Impact – and Get Out”
Our webMethods software suite is the global leader in addressing integration challenges across complex extended enterprises at massive scale. The highly differentiated platform is used by some of the largest corporations and government entities in the world to complete billions of transactions every day. We specialize in tackling the most difficult requirements for our customers leveraging a highly effective “Prove IT First and Prove IT Fast” approach. This approach has been proven to minimize risks while building trusting relationships with our customers.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Leverage the successful use of our webMethods platform within the Department of Justice and other Federal Civilian agencies.
• Lead a Special Forces team of technical experts in expanding the adoption of Software AG products across the target market.
• Leverage your existing relationships within the Federal Civilian arena and strong technical background to develop and maintain a trusted advisory status with key decision makers.
• Identify new opportunities to leverage Software AG’s world class product capabilities in developing highly differentiated solutions to solve complex enterprise-class mission critical challenges.
• Coordinate with Software AG Government Solutions engineering resources to complete rapid deployment proof-of-concept activities.
• Provide superior account management and support to ensure customer success.
• Work with our inside sales, business development and marketing resources to generate new opportunities in installed and target accounts.
• Contribute to messaging for collateral, website content, webcasts and conferences.
• Have direct access to executive management where your thoughts and ideas are welcome input to improving the effectiveness of our go-to-market activities.
Requirements and Experience
• BA/BS Degree with a basic understanding of IT technologies.
• Previous experience in a pre-sales engineering or technical role within the IT industry highly desired.
• 7+ years of prior experience selling Enterprise software solutions to the Federal Civilian market with a heavy presence in the Department of Justice.
• A strong track record of increasing aptitude, responsibility and success during the sales career.
• Demonstrated multi-year success in consistently meeting and exceeding quota with the same employer.
• An action and results-oriented approach which balances a “take charge” attitude with teamwork and collaboration.
• Ability to understand customers technical requirements, business needs and challenges while establishing realistic and attainable expectations.
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
• Experience developing and presenting clear and concise briefings/meetings.
• Shows personal commitment, accountability and strong leadership skills.
• Is ready to constantly develop his / her skills, qualifications, knowledge and personality (learning orientation)
• Experience in teaming with select systems integrators.
• Demonstrated understanding of market disciplines and success in competitive landscapes.
• Is excited to be part of an agile, growth oriented, fast-paced company dedicated to the U.S. Federal Government.
• U.S. Citizen.
About The Company
Software AG Government Solutions is headquartered in a new facility located in the Worldgate area of Herndon, Virginia. We are within walking distance to many restaurant options and a large fitness facility, with corporate membership rates. We offer a flexible work/life balance, a generous benefits package, and the opportunity to earn above average compensation.
© 2021 Software AG. All rights reserved. Software AG and all Software AG products are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Software AG. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Software AG Government Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Click on the link to view the full EEO statement