Senior Proposal Writer (Technical)
Software AG Government Solutions is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager with technical proposal writing experience. This position combines proposal manager functions with technical writing. Requires monitoring of procurement portals (FedBizOpps, GSA, GovWin, etc.), performing initial RFx review in coordination with account executive/business development lead, and leading the proposal development process once the ‘go’ decision is made. Establish compliant proposal templates, gather content from subject matter experts (internal and external), and develop proposal drafts for review. Prepare proposal volumes for final submission. Manage any follow-on activities based on communication from contracting officers. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate Business Development team meetings, compile technical proposal response templates, and establish internal team deadlines.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports that create visibility of status/progress on all proposal efforts.
- Review requests for RFx support; assess requirements and coordinate with team according to internal procedures; develop compliance matrices and/or response outlines; maintain company archives of solicitation and response documents; run team kick-off meetings and determine proposal response calendar with deliverables and milestones.
- Develop effective technical proposal documents that comply company standards and align with client requirements and guidelines, using existing templates and/or developing original content as needed.
- Draft, proofread, and format proposal documents.
- Coordinate proposal document production (in print and/or electronic format) and delivery
- Evaluate technical sections: text, layout, graphics, etc., for storytelling quality, consistency, coherence, clarity, and compliance with technical requirements and for alignment with solutions and themes.
- Mine submitted proposals for reusable content and maintain a library of standard content (product overviews, past performance, and other proposal-related language) and proposals submitted to customers and prospects.
- Maintain records of bid opportunities, bid decisions, and RFx wins and losses.
- Participate in debriefs with the government and document recommendations for improvement.
- Must have availability to provide support for last-minute proposal tasks as needed.
- Perform any other proposal-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field is required.
- Technical Background in infrastructure management, software services, systems engineering, data management, Big Data, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Cloud Services, Program Management, Web/Mobile Development, and IT Security.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with Shipley Standards.
- 8+ years of experience as a technical proposal writer.
- 5+ years of experience in the federal government contracting proposal department.
- Association of Proposal Management Professional (APMP) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Federal Government procurement and contracting, statements of work, and evaluation criteria.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
About The Company
- Can oversee the development of multiple simultaneous proposals on different timelines; advise leaders on resource constraints and prioritization of efforts.
- Ability to keep all proposal participants on track.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experienced independent, organized, self-starter, with solid management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to lead teams, work independently, multi-task, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work evenings or on weekends on occasion to meet proposal deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with SMEs to develop proposal content.
Software AG Government Solutions is headquartered in a new facility located in the Worldgate area of Herndon, Virginia. We are within walking distance to many restaurant options and a large fitness facility, with corporate membership rates. We offer a flexible work/life balance, a generous benefits package, and the opportunity to earn above average compensation.
© 2021 Software AG. All rights reserved. Software AG and all Software AG products are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Software AG. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Software AG Government Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Click on the link to view the full EEO statement