Cumulocity IoT Technical Developer
Software AG Government Solutions is seeking candidates for the Cumulocity IoT Technical Developer position
to provide professional consulting and advisory services to our customers in the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence Community agencies and their suppliers in the Aerospace & Defense Industries. We are a software company that addresses mission critical challenges with best-in-class software solutions that help enterprises reduce the complexity of their IT systems. Our core products are webMethods, Adabas & Natural, ARIS, Alfabet and Cumulocity IoT.
Leveraging our market-leading Cumulocity IoT platform, the IoT Technical Developer will be responsible for creating IoT-based solutions to solve many of the challenges our customers face. Use cases include smart manufacturing, predictive maintenance, smart cities and bases, asset tracking and management, worker health and safety, and sensor fusion. This role is more than just coding, you will use your passion to learn new tools and techniques to be on the forefront of technology and innovation.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Requirements and Experience
- Play an active role in all aspects of the development process of IoT applications including identification of user needs, prototyping, back-end development, and testing.
- Develop interfaces and logic for a broad range of systems, from embedded microcontrollers to linux gateway devices to front-end UIs.
- Create API-based integrations to backend software applications and big data stores.
- Develop services that communicate between edge and cloud deployments.
- Problem solve issues with remote deployments.
- Design and implement custom dashboard visualizations and time-series based analytical solutions.
Preferred Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with development and implementation of backend infrastructures. Preferred languages include: Python, C#, Node, PHP Java
- 5+ years of experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience with relational databases (SQL) and non-relational databases (Mongo).
- Proficiency in front-end technologies such as Angular or React.
- Knowledge of IoT technologies, edge devices and microservices.
- Experience in time series databases, public cloud platforms such as MSFT Azure and AWS.
- Experience in the IoT/Cloud Market
- Experience with Linux, C++, Git
- Understanding of IoT protocols such as, MQTT, BLE, LwM2M, CoAP, LoRA, BLE, etc.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and deploying applications with Kubernetes/containerization using Docker.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
About the Company
- Prior experience delivering multi-tenant Internet of Things (IoT) SaaS solutions.
- Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts.
- Cumulocity API (Microservice SDK, C++ SDK, C# SDK).
- Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, WebSockets, HTTP/HTTPS, RESTful, JSON.
- Development Environment: Eclipse, STS, Visual Studio, Github, Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and processes including FISMA, FIPS, NIST, and FedRAMP.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites.
- Active U.S. Government Security clearance is preferred.
|Software AG Government Solutions delivers leading edge software platforms that help our customers simplify complex IT environments. We are an agile, growth oriented, subsidiary of our billion-dollar parent organization – Software AG. We are exclusively focused on the U.S. Public and Commercial Aerospace & Defense Sectors. Leveraging our highly effective “Prove IT First and Prove IT Fast” approach, we solve mission critical IT challenges across complex extended enterprises. Our highly respected product brands include webMethods, Cumulocity IoT, ARIS and Alfabet.
Working at Software AG Government Solutions means joining a family. A family dedicated to your success, growth and advancement. We hire trailblazers who are truly invested in solving challenging problems for our customers by building innovative solutions. We are headquartered in the Worldgate area of Herndon, Virginia, and are within walking distance to many restaurant options and a large health facility with corporate membership rates. We offer a very flexible work/life balance, a generous benefits package, and the opportunity to earn above average compensation. Learn more at www.softwareaggov.com.
© 2021 Software AG. All rights reserved. Software AG and all Software AG products are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Software AG. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Software AG Government Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Click on the link to view the full EEO statement: