webMethods Principal Consultant
Software AG Government Solutions is seeking candidates for the webMethods Principal Consultant position
to provide consulting and advisory services to our customers in the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence Community agencies and their suppliers in the Aerospace & Defense Industries.
We are a software company that addresses mission critical challenges with best-in-class software solutions that help enterprises reduce the complexity of their IT systems. Our core products are webMethods, Adabas & Natural, ARIS, Alfabet and Cumulocity IoT.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Requirements and Experience
- Provide on/off-site professional consulting services to help our customers solve complex business problems using the webMethods platform.
- Lead or participate in a collaborative team environment and demonstrate the ability to work independently with appropriate direction to provide high-quality deliverables and recommendations using relevant best practices.
- Identify additional professional services and product sales opportunities, assist in proposal development, respond to customer requests for information, and participate in relevant business capture initiatives.
- Create and implement successful and innovative solutions based on client’s business requirements that integrate, run, manage, and optimize clients’ key business systems.
- Provide architecture guidance and mentoring to clients/key stakeholders.
- In addition to your deep technical experience with webMethods, expand your technical knowledge around the extended Software AG product portfolio.
Preferred Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 10+ years of webMethods and related work experience.
- Experience with webMethods IS, TN, MWS, UM or Broker, Designer, Flow services, Java services, webservices, RESTful and SOAP services.
- Demonstrated success in professional services consulting projects in a leadership or individual contributor role.
- Additional relevant experience in one or more of the following technologies is a plus:
- Data Management solutions including traditional and in-memory databases including Oracle, SQL Server Sybase, Informix, DB2 and data lakes.
- Familiarity with ERP tools like PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle Applications or CRM tools.
- Mainframe Modernization, Mainframe Integration, and Mainframe Offloading using Software AG solutions including EntireX, CONNX and ApplinX.
- Experience in the latest enterprise operating systems including Linux, Unix or Windows including the ability to administer, configure, tune, and troubleshoot complex environments.
- Experience developing enterprise and web applications in the latest development tools and programming languages including Java, C/C++, .NET, or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, effective communication, strong problem-solving ability, organizational abilities, and polished presentation skills.
- U.S. Citizenship.
About the Company
- Prior experience with webMethods API management platform.
- Prior experience with CI/CD and DevOps with tools like Jenkins, webMethods Deployer etc.
- Development Environment: Eclipse, STS, Visual Studio, Github, Bitbucket.
- Prior experience with containerization tools like Docker, open shift etc.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites.
- An active U.S. Government Security clearance is preferred.
Software AG Government Solutions is headquartered in a new facility located in the Worldgate area of Herndon, Virginia. We are within walking distance to many restaurant options and a large fitness facility, with corporate membership rates. We offer a flexible work/life balance, a generous benefits package, and the opportunity to earn above average compensation.
© 2021 Software AG. All rights reserved. Software AG and all Software AG products are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Software AG. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Software AG Government Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Click on the link to view the full EEO statement