Essential Job Functions
Skills and Experience
- Lead the development of an effective partner plan for Defense and Intelligence market. Build and execute broad & deep enablement plans and strategies that drive adoption of Software AG products & solutions by the US federal government and their contractors.
- Develop and manage relationships across functional areas including sales, product/service development, marketing, and business development, ensuring the integration of Software AG offerings with Partner go-to-market initiatives.
- Evangelize Software AG products and solutions. Plan and manage product launches, go-to-market initiatives, as well as market and field enablement activities. As necessary, take responsibility for developing required go to market collateral that resonates with Defense and Intelligence partners.
- Develop Executive relationships within the system integrator community, identify sponsors and nurture technical, alliance and sales relationships to ensure that Software AG is considered a critical strategic partner.
- Build a plan with alliance partners to generate demand and project opportunities. Identify opportunities to partner in demand generation activities.
- Introduce and drive new opportunities with Software AG Government Solutions sales. Facilitate and manage engagement between the account teams from multiple organizations within a complex consortia environment.
- Proven experience in Partner Management, Business Development, and Alliances.
- Demonstrated understanding of Defense and Intelligence buying cycles, stakeholders, and programs
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, act on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions and business cases around strategic partnerships.
- Able to work independently, prioritize, and possess good time management skills.
- Experience and comfort level working with SES government stakeholders and building relationships throughout organizations.
- Experience of working with software field sales organizations - cross-functional influence, relationship building and project management skills.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- A team player.
- BA/BS degree and familiarity with software, service-oriented architectures and APIs, and business process modeling are required.
- Relationship Building
- Able to articulate a disruptive technology vision
- Negotiation Skills
About The Company
Software AG Government Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Software AG USA, Inc. We are dedicated to serving the Public Sector, Higher Education, and Aerospace & Defense communities in the United States. Our world-class software products (webMethods, Alfabet, ARIS, Cumulocity, Adabas & Natural) are focused on reducing the complexity of IT ecosystems that have evolved over many years. We help our customers understand what IT they have, how to optimize their architecture, and execute on a fully integrated modern enterprise. We leverage a highly effective "Prove IT First and Prove IT Fast" approach to solving complex IT challenges. Widely embraced by our customers, this approach has been proven to minimize risks associated with IT investments. To learn more, please visit: https://www.softwareaggov.com
Software AG Government Solutions is headquartered in a new facility located in the Reston Town Center within Fairfax County, Virginia. We are within walking distance to many restaurant options and a large fitness facility. We offer a flexible work/life balance, a generous benefits package, and the opportunity to earn above average compensation.
© 2023 Software AG. All rights reserved. Software AG and all Software AG products are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Software AG. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Software AG Government Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Click on the link to view the full EEO statement