DHS Account Executive - Enterprise Software
Are you passionate about helping DHS fulfill their mission to ensure a safe, secure, and prosperous Homeland? Do you want to work for a company that has award-winning and analyst-leading technology that is the foundation for many federal organizations’ initiatives? Are you a proven sales leader who creates compelling business value for customers? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment?
Software AG Government Solutions is experiencing growth in our US Public Sector and is seeking an Account Executive to grow the DHS territory. The Account Executive is responsible for using a consultative solution selling approach to grow and develop our relationships within this key market. The Account Executive will be responsible for developing and executing against a territory plan, managing complex sales cycles, and delivering consistently on revenue targets.
We are looking for individuals that have experience selling to DHS, a track record of achievement, an ability to engage at the senior leadership level (CxO/SES) down to the technical IT level, and thrive in a small, team-oriented environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Requirements and Experience
- Develop an overall business plan and lead a team of IT experts in expanding the adoption of Software AG products across the market
- Leverage your existing relationships within DHS and technical acumen to maintain a trusted advisor status with key decision makers
- Identify new opportunities to leverage Software AG’s world class product capabilities in developing highly differentiable solutions to solve complex enterprise-class, mission critical challenges
- Coordinate with Software AG Government Solutions engineering resources to complete rapid deployment proof-of-concept activities
- Provide executive level management and support to ensure customer success
- Performs other tasks as assigned
About the Company
Software AG Government Solutions
- 5+ years of experience selling Enterprise software to federal government with large deal experience.
- A strong track record of increasing aptitude, responsibility, and success during the sales career.
- Demonstrated multi-year success in consistently meeting and exceeding quota with the same employer.
- An action and results-oriented approach which balances a "take charge" attitude with teamwork and collaboration.
- Previous experience in a pre-sales engineering or technical role within the IT industry is highly desired.
- Ability to understand customers technical requirements, business needs and challenges while establishing realistic and attainable expectations.
- Experience in middleware technology and enterprise software applications is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Shows personal commitment, accountability, and strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of market disciplines and success in competitive landscapes.
- BA/BS degree with a solid understanding of IT technologies.
- U.S. Citizen.
is a wholly owned subsidiary of Software AG USA, Inc. We are dedicated to serving the Public Sector, Higher Education, and Aerospace & Defense communities in the United States. Our world-class software products (webMethods, Alfabet, ARIS, Cumulocity, Adabas & Natural) are focused on reducing the complexity of IT ecosystems that have evolved over many years. We help our customers understand what IT they have, how to optimize their architecture, and execute on a fully integrated modern enterprise. We leverage a highly effective "Prove IT First and Prove IT Fast" approach to solving complex IT challenges. Widely embraced by our customers, this approach has been proven to minimize risks associated with IT investments. To learn more, please visit: https://www.softwareaggov.com.
Software AG Government Solutions is headquartered in a new facility located in the Reston Town Center within Fairfax County, Virginia. We are within walking distance to many restaurant options and a large fitness facility. We offer a flexible work/life balance, a generous benefits package, and the opportunity to earn above average compensation.
© 2023 Software AG. All rights reserved. Software AG and all Software AG products are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Software AG. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.