Software AG Government Solutions is seeking candidates for a position as a Senior Consultant to provide professional consulting services to our customers in the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence Community agencies and their suppliers in the Aerospace & Defense Industries.
We are a software company that addresses mission critical challenges with best-in-class software solutions for enterprise integration, Service-Oriented Architecture, Business Process Management, In-Memory Data, Complex Event Processing and much more. Our core products are webMethods, Terracotta (enterprise Ehcache), Apama, Aris and Alfabet.
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Provide professional consulting services to help our customers solve complex business problems using the Software AG portfolio of software solutions and serve as our on-site representative.
· Lead or participate in a collaborative team environment and demonstrate the ability to work independently with appropriate direction to provide high-quality deliverables and recommendations using relevant best practices.
· Identify additional professional services and product sales opportunities, assist in proposal development, respond to customer requests for information, and participate in relevant business capture initiatives.
· Create and implement successful and innovative solutions that run, manage and optimize clients’ key business processes
Requirements and Experience
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering or another computer related degree with 5+ years of related work experience
· Demonstrated success in professional services consulting projects in a leadership or individual contributor role
· Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
o Enterprise Integration, Business Process Management (BPM), SOA Governance and Process Automation or E-commerce solutions including webMethods, TIBCO, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Appian, Mulesoft, IBM Websphere, Metastorm or other integration tools
o Business Process Management (BPM), Business Process Analysis & Reengineering, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), enterprise application design and system architecture using Business Process Modeling and Enterprise Architecture modeling tools including Aris, System Architect,Troux, MEGA, PowerDesigner, or other similar tools.
o Fast Big Data, In-Memory Computing technologies, Streaming Data, Complex Event Processing,Real-time Analytics, Universal Messaging and Java caching concepts using Ehcache, Terracotta, TimesTen, GridGain, Hazelcast or other Fast Big Data solutions.
o Real-time Analytics & Data Visualization tools including Presto or other similar tools
o IT Transformation, IT Portfolio Management, and Enterprise Architecture Management using IT planning tools including Alfabet or other similar software packages.
o Data Management solutions including traditional and in-memory databases including Oracle, SQL Server Sybase, Informix, or DB2
o Familiarity with ERP tools like PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle Applications or CRM tools like Siebel, Clarify, and Vantive
o Mainframe Modernization, Mainframe Integration, and Mainframe Offloading using Software AG solutions or other similar tools
o Transaction Processing Platforms including ADABAS or Natural
· Experience in the latest enterprise operating systems including Linux, Unix or Windows including the ability to administer, configure, tune and troubleshoot complex environments
· Experience developing enterprise and web applications in the latest development tools and programming languages including Java, C/C++, .NET or other object oriented programming languages.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service, effective communication, strong problem solving ability, organizational abilities, and polished presentation skills
· Ability to master a broad range of expertise ranging from understanding the business process to collecting and analyzing business and technical requirements.
· Willingness to travel to customer sites in the DC/MD/VA metropolitan area.
· U.S. Citizenship
· An active U.S. Government Security clearance is preferred but the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security clearance is acceptable.
About The Company
Software AG Government Solutions is a growth-oriented software company dedicated to serving the U.S. Federal Government and Aerospace and Defense communities. We are headquartered in Herndon, Virginia. Our world class product suites are based on a fully integrated digital business platform that inherently removes the barriers of connecting data from every source across an extended enterprise.
We specialize in software products that deliver rapid application development, process automation, business/IT transformation and real-time in-memory data management and analytics at massive scale. The company is focused on building trusting relationships with our customers leveraging a highly effective “Prove IT First and Prove IT Fast” approach to solving mission critical IT challenges. Widely embraced by our customers, this approach has been proven to minimize risks associated with IT investments
© 2020 Software AG. All rights reserved. Software AG and all Software AG products are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Software AG. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Software AG Government Solution is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Click on the link to view the full EEO statement